Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This too shall pass... like a kidney stone...

Today I made a decision that I was hoping I would never have to make. Today, I quit orchestra. It feels like I'm leaving a part of myself behind, 4 years of hard work and long practicing. I made it to the highest group. If the circumstances were different, I might be able to make it work. But alas, they are not. 4 years of working my butt off to reach the coveted title of being in CHAMBER orchestra are gone. I can at least say I made it in I guess.
My mother understood, seeing as I have in equivilence 7 college classes this semester, plus who knows how many more next semester. But everyone else is giving me grief. Yes, I am quitting orchestra, but I plan on returning next year, and I refuse to quit cello after all I've accomplished. Music has and always will be a part of me i can't slough. Everything is music, so I'm not abandoning or wasting my talent. So don't give me grief, don't tell me not to do it, Because it's already done. This is probably my most serious post, and really I just needed to vent. Really, my posts are quite antic.
ANYWAY, on a happier note, my mother borrowed a book from our library. It was called Wizards and Witches. When i returned from my first aid class tonight, i read it to her. here are 3 things i learned from that book:

1. Most characters described in the book ended up getting high at some point, probably from smoking opium, or as my first aid instructor calls them, "recreational drugs of great interest".
2. Druids, followers of nature, were a peaceful people, but they made ritual human sacrafices. Probably sacrificed the extroverts, i think.
3. From what I can tell in the pictures in the book, wizards liked to experiment with cats. So whenever I say "Oh! Look! It's a buttercat! in an odd english accent, i am talking about a white and black spotted tabby with wings all the colors of the rainbow.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Ha! You know you are an extrovert, right? And I will give you no grief about your cello hiatus. Life happens. The sooner people get that, the better off they will be! It's not like your talent got flushed down the toilet or anything.....

Camcorder said...

exactly. but a lot of people are still giving me grief. I told them if they wanna take my place, and give me my associates free and clear, they are more than welcome to do so, seeing as this semester i have 7 classes that involve college and i don't want another last year in math. I wanna do well, and pass those AP exams with flying colors this year. anybody who can't see that needs to remove that stick from their bum. :)