Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Bane of My Previous Saturday Afternoon...

Ok. So I get home from work, on a Saturday afternoon, and my dad is out back cuttin' down our apple tree. (About time too. the apples drop off the tree and rot. Never ever get ripe and a pain in the behind to clean up.) And I get my clothes on to start to chop it all up. All I had on was a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I went outside, and got there in time to help my dad pull down the last limb. Now when I say I, I mean my mother and I, pulled down the tree. Yes, I pulled down the branch. With all of my manly strength.
Anyway, so we pulled the tree branch down. So then we started cutting it up. Here is the branch. (Pictured below)

There was a log on the ground, and being the strong-beastly-manly-man that I thought "Why not pick this log up and flex my non-existent muscles for the non-existent ladies?" So I bent over, in the process of picking this log up. Wearing only a white t-shirt, My lowerback showed. Now, at the exact same moment, my younger brother stepped onto the pile of tangled branches about 6 ft. away. The tangled pile sagged, and shot up, right into my behind. Now, for those of you who have ever had anything similar to this to happen, it hurts like a mother. A bunch of sticks with protruding stubbs will scrape your back up. As anybody would be, I was extrememly angry at this branch. so I went all Freddy Krueger on it and these are the results:


Oh yeah. The power of the chainsaw. and my... beefy arms.

2 comments:

kellieanne said...

Thanks for helping out with the crazy tree. We would still be working on it if not for you. Well, maybe not. But I appreciate your help!

Shelby said...

Hahaha!! I was drinking milk and it shot out my nose when I read this. So now I am cleaning my keyboard with a q-tip. Thanks.